Automotive service schedule
Whether your car is economy car brand vehicles or luxurious one; relatively fixed routine maintenance procedures and rules are similar and needed, even for long periods of driving. In order to get your own car to travel unimpeded, UOBDII.com
presents you automotive service schedule for daily, weekly, monthly, 6-month, annually, and two-year schedule maintenance.
Daily maintenance guidance:
1. visual inspection: Before driving, looking around the car to see if there is no damage to the lighting system; the body has no inclination; no oil spills, leaks and other leaks; Check the appearance of the tire; checking doors, engine compartment lid, condition management and glass cover.
2. The signal dashboard checks: Turn the ignition switch key (do not start the engine) to check the various warning lights and indicator lights is normal to be one and off, or abnormal signals; for according to a CarMD analysis of more than 160,000 repairs made on vehicles with check-engine light problems in 2012. You could get check engine light device in uobd2.
3. Fuel checks: supply fuel in time
Weekly maintenance schedule:
1. Tire pressure checks: Check and adjust tire pressure with TPMS tools
or other tools, clean up debris on the tire. Do not forget to check the spare tire.
2. engine oil check : Check the fixed components of the engine, each combination of surface there are no oil spills, leaking; Check and adjust belt tightness; see various parts of the piping and wires fixing case; inspection supplementary oil; checking the coolant supplement; checks added electrolyte; checks supplement power steering oil; clean radiator appearance; supplement windshield washing fluid.
3. Clean: clean car interior and exterior
1. An external inspection: check the bulb and shade; fixed the inspection body ornaments; checking the side mirror of the situation.
2. Tires: Check the tire wear, clean up the luggage compartment; check tire has no drum kits, mainly abnormal wear, cracks and aging flawed and so on; replaced tires if necessary,
3. Cleaning and waxing: thoroughly clean the interior vehicle; debris clean the exterior tank, oil cooler radiator exterior appearance and air conditioning
4. Chassis: oil leakage phenomenon inspection, found traces of oil spills should check the assembly and appropriate gear oil supplement on the chassis
5. Other tests: repeated weekly maintenance schedule
1. The external engine examination: cleaning the engine appearance, pay attention to the electrical part of the waterproofing when cleaning, avoid using high-pressure, high-temperature water
2. Distributor: wipe with a clean rag inside the distributor cap, remove the dirt at the electrical contact points, eliminating contact ablation of scar and check the contact gap or pole gap for the speed electronic ignition system.
3. Three oil filter: remove air filter dust; timely replacement of the fuel filter and clean the filter pipe joints; replace the oil and oil filter.
4. Battery: Check battery terminal part has no corrosion phenomenon, rinse with hot water battery appearance; remove the battery terminal corrosion.
5. Coolant: Check supplemental coolant, cleaning the tank appearance.
6. Tire wheels: check tire wear, wheel bearing preload
7. Brakes: Check and adjust the hand brake lever working stroke; examine and adjust the hand brake drum shoe clearance, the foot brake pedal, brake shoe wear, brake fluid and abrasion marks; if need, replacement of pedal and add brake fluid.
8. Fastening: the chassis, the steering system and the spiral screw are important, loose or defects should be avoided; if do, should be filled.
9. Chassis: Check pipeline situation to prevent from leakage, check all the metal connecting rods fastened and check no damage to the rubber sleeve case, all lubrication points on the chassis fill greased
10. The lights: Check repair car lights, inspection, maintenance refrigeration, heating devices, and clean audio systems.
1. The valve clearance: for with ordinary valve engine, high-speed valve clearance should be checked. Actually, UOBDII.com often receives the problem of how about a certain item could detect a valve or not; for example, could hds or gna600
reset the valve? The answer is you could have a try.
2. Clean lubrication: Clean the engine compartment cover, oil hinged doors and luggage compartment agencies, re-adjust and lubricate these institutions.
Two-year maintenance schedule:
1. Antifreeze: antifreeze life span is generally for two years, should be replaced every two years; a thorough cleaning and cooling are needed.
2. The brake system: As hygroscopic, every two years to replace a brake system.
Summary: There are a lot of fresh drivers, do not care about the car, and only after a car failure/car issues occur, they begin to pay attention to the above inspection and maintenance program; if you do as above programs, you can find some of the hidden dangers in everyday driving the car, and immediately removed.